Safety guidelines have been implemented to make for a more memorable visit to Gilroy Ostrich Farm.
Know Before You Visit
Please follow these safety guidelines:
- If a member of your party is feeling unwell, please visit our farm at a later date.
- Wash your hands often, using soap and water, for a minimum of 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, the CDC recommends a hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
- All guests are strongly encouraged to wear masks, and required to do so when in the gift shop or other indoor spaces.
- To help us promote social distancing, remain at least six feet away from other visitors who are not part of your group.
- When coughing or sneezing, please do so into your elbow, not into your hand or into the air.
- Government health organizations currently recommend that persons ages 65 and older, persons who reside in senior care facilities or long-term care facilities, or persons with underlying medical conditions stay home or maintain distance from others.
Well-Being For All
Gilroy Ostrich Farm not only cares about the well-being of ostriches, alpacas, goats, sheep, pigs, rabbits and chickens, Gilroy Ostrich Farm cares about all of the wonderful families who visit our amazing animals.
Focus remains on the health and safety of all guests and staff who care for and visit our amazing animals.
That’s why we have implemented safety guidelines for everyone!
Fruit 1st, Animals 2nd
Our fruit stand will open first with limited social distancing measures in a safe environment. Therefore, you will be able to come and enjoy all of the fresh fruit you have come to love.
So whether you plan to stock up produce for homemade fruit pies and cobblers, delicious fruit smoothies, or intend to eat our juicy fruit au natural, their is plenty of fruit to choose from.
Gilroy Ostrich Farm monitors the latest developments and guidance from the CDC. As we continue to monitor the corona virus situation, we want to share a few updates that may be helpful when planning your trip to visit Gilroy Ostrich Farm.
Physical Distancing and Capacity Measures:
Upon reopening, there will be limited capacity based on direction from health experts and government officials to promote psychical distancing.
Managing guest density across Gilroy Ostrich Farm is a major focus. We will implement physical distancing guidelines based on guidance from health authorities, the CDC, and government agencies. This may include implementation of guest capacity measures to comply with state and federal guidelines. With over 20 acres to visit a variety of animals, there is enough room for many families to enjoy our amazing animals while remaining distanced from each other.
Cleanliness and Sanitation:
We have implemented increased cleaning and sanitation efforts in guest and staff areas. Additionally, we provide anti-bacterial soap in all hand-washing stations. We frequently clean and disinfect restrooms and food locations.
Experiences, services, and amenities may temporarily have limited availability.
While there is still much uncertainty with respect to the impact of COVID-19, the safety and well-being of our guests and staff remain a top priority.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during these unusual times.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back for another great Gilroy Ostrich Farm visit. Until we meet again, we wish you and your family health and happiness.